On Monday, in a defamation suit they filed against actress Luviena Lodh, the Bombay High Court granted temporary relief to Mahesh Bhatt and brother Mukesh Bhatt. The court also prohibited the performer from making and spreading false claims against the Bhatt brothers and gave her three weeks to respond to his complaint. However, the court did not pass any decision on the request to have the controversial video of the actress on social media deleted today. She made serious allegations against both Mahesh and Mukesh in her video dated October 23, alleging that the brothers, along with her husband, Sumit Sabharwal, were involved in supplying drugs and women in Bollywood circles, besides alleging that they had 'ruined lives' of several others.
According to sources, after recording her lawyer, Advocate Prashant Pandey's assertion that Luvenia does not have and will not make any defamatory remarks, the court decided to allow the actress time to respond to the lawsuit. On her verified Instagram page, Luviena posted a one-minute, 48-second video alleging that Mahesh had been harassing her. She also said that the Bhatt is linked to her ex, Sabharwal, adding that she had filed for divorce as he supplies actors with drugs.
She said, "If something happens to me and my family, Mahesh Bhatt, Mukesh Bhatt, Sumit Sabharwal, Sahil Saigal, and Kumkum Saigal are the only people responsible. People should at least get to know how many lives they have ruined behind closed doors and what they can do because Mahesh Bhatt is extremely strong and influential. Thank you." "As reported in our defamation complaint lodged in the courts today (Monday), Mukesh released a statement saying," As reported in our defamation complaint lodged in the courts today (Monday), that Mr Sumit Sabharwal is just an employee for more than 20 years in my production company Vishesh Films as opposed to the statements of Ms Luviena Lodh that he is our relative in various media reports and publications.
He went on to say that Luviena, along with her benefactors, "consciously and maliciously organised a campaign to nefariously defame and besmirch the good name and reputation of my brother and myself with the sole and ulterior motive to gain publicity in the hope that in her marriage dispute with Sumit the same would motivate a lucrative out of court settlement." "In our legal system, we have the highest confidence and expect to see this suit to its logical end," he concluded. Sumit earlier refuted allegations made by Luviena Lodh of drug abuse.
In response to the video, Sumit 's lawyers said in a statement:" We are worried about Mr Sumit Sabherwal, our client. The allegations and contents of the video circulated by Mrs Luviena Lodh, the estranged wife of our client, are denied in full. Our client expresses his deepest regret that Mr Mahesh Bhatt and Mr Mukesh Bhatt's good name is being sullied solely because of his pending marriage (since 2016)." The lawyer also said that Sumit was just an employee of the Mahesh and Mukhesh Bhatt-owned Vishesh films.