# Tags

Andhra Pradesh: three-day digital public listening to of APERC on energy tariff proposals concludes in Visakhapatnam

A complete of 71 individuals, together with 39 on Saturday, spoke throughout the three-day digital public listening to on new electrical energy fees for the monetary yr 2023-24 organised by Andhra Pradesh Electrical energy Regulatory Fee (APERC) right here on the Company workplace of AP Japanese Energy Distribution Firm Restricted (APEPDCL).

APERC Chairman Justice C.V. Nagarjuna Reddy stated the programme concluded on Saturday with ideas and objections from the registered individuals throughout the State, in addition to from the distribution corporations like APEPDCL and the State Vitality division. Seventy-five centres have been arrange beneath the jurisdiction of the three Discoms to allow individuals to talk on to the Fee panel via the dwell video convention, he added.

“Some audio system talked about points that aren’t related to the Fee, however we’ll refer them to the related departments and look into solely the problems that the Fee can handle,” he stated.

Justice Nagarjuna Reddy stated that the APERC would attempt to organise the general public hearings in digital mode in future too because it obtained constructive response from the individuals, notably audio system from rural pockets.

Sensible meters

State Vitality Division Joint Secretary B.A.V.P. Kumar Reddy spoke on behalf of the State authorities and the measures taken for enchancment of energy provide and subsidies to all eligible sectors together with farmers. Explaining the significance of putting in good meters for agricultural connections, he stated the State is exhibiting curiosity on the good meters to offer high quality energy provide and create accountability amongst farmers. “The beneficiaries of the good meters mission won’t be burdened and the complete mission price might be borne by the federal government,” he stated.

Earlier, the CMDs of three Discoms spoke in regards to the standing of their respective corporations when it comes to income and expenditure, and the projection experiences submitted to the Fee.

‘Incorrect estimates’

In the meantime, in a press launch, CPI State Secretary J.V.V. Satyannarayana Murthy stated that the APEPDCL officers submitted improper estimates to APERC on good meters for agricultural connections.

“APEPDCL officers collected solely 0.26% good meter readings (2,145 out of complete quantity) and estimated the remaining 99.74% meter readings primarily based on the collected readings, ready a report and submitted it to the APERC,” Mr. Murthy stated.



Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *